- CLIMPY, a small hamlet, in the parish of Carnwath, county of Lanark, 7 miles (N.) from Carnwath. This place, situated in a coal district, in the northern part of the parish, is inhabited by persons employed in the collieries. There was formerly a chapel, which is fallen into decay, and the cottages are in a ruinous state.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Carnwath — CARNWATH, a parish, in the Upper ward of the county of Lanark; including the villages of Braehead, Forth, Newbigging, and Wilsontown; and containing 3550 inhabitants, of whom 766 are in the village of Carnwath, 25 miles (S. W.) from Edinburgh … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland